Boiler hissing / spluttering and leaking after shower | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler hissing / spluttering and leaking after shower in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

trillo

Hi, I hope somebody can help me identify a problem I have with my boiler.

It's a 'Halstead Ace High' combi boiler. The central heating and hot working are fine, however after a shower or long-time use of hot water it makes a hissing / spluttering noise for about ten minutes and leaks water (brownish in colour).

If I turn the heating straight on after the shower, then this eliminates the problem, but I don't want to keep on doing that!

Any ideas about what the problem is and how much it might cost to fix?

Thanks,

Rob

best to get your local engineer in to have a look. sounds like it could be one of a few things

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

G
Didn’t grease the oring before refitting...
Replies
Views
T
Please advise me. I am a disabled pensioner. I...
  • TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
  • Boilers
  • Latest:
  • TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
Replies
Views
TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
T
hello Chris. Thank you for your reply . I have...
Replies
Views
It's a sealed system so if its leaking from...
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
Back