Boiler & Hot water | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler & Hot water in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Carnegie

I have an old Vaillant combination boiler which is/was working fine. However, when I now turn on the kitchen hot tap, which is the nearest tap to the boiler, the boiler does not fire up and no hot water. If I then turn on the bathroom basin hot tap, the boiler fires and hot water comes out - if I then turn on the kitchen tap, with the basin tap running, hot water also comes out. Once I turn off the basin tap, the boiler shuts down and the kitchen hot tap goes cold. I fairly recently had the diverter diaphram replaced after which all taps worked ok. Is it the diaphram again, or something else? Many thanks

Sounds like a simple fix, you will have to get a gas safe engineer in tho to work on the boiler

Thanks for that and I would not do the job myself - just wanted some idea what the problem likely to be after having previously had a replacement diverter diaphram - would get a gas safe engineer to repair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

L
That shouldn't happen. Going to need lots of...
Replies
Views
Thanks CJG, I understand what you're saying. I...
Replies
Views
Yes everything worked fine before. Is there a...
Replies
Views
The mains water is now feeding everything in...
Replies
Views
T
Please advise me. I am a disabled pensioner. I...
  • TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
  • Boilers
  • Latest:
  • TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
Replies
Views
TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
T
Back