Boiler identification | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler identification in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pleasehelpme

Hi
please could you tell me what back boiler I have please image.jpg

thanks in advance

Haha thanks for the replies, I wouldn't mind knowing who made it and I think it's about 40 years old but works very well and gets very hot

Looks a bit like an old Thorn, or maybe a Glowworm, post a picture of the fire front

Sorry for the mickey taking , I personaly wont go near them , I just take them out. Somebody will know who made it but I doubt you would ever get any parts for it if you needed to.

Why is the fire front not fitted? Who removed it? And please say it's not currently in use??

Thank you so either a thorn or a glowworm, unfortunately I don't have the fire front it went missing 18 years ago when we bought the house and yes it is still in use its just that I might be able to get a fire front for it off one of my mates who has loads of back boiler fires so I needed the make and model, it is used constantly non stop from November to March usually then about 3 hours a day for hot water or hearing of it's cold, have I been risking my family's life by using it, it's in my rear living room and has no cover on it just a wood surround around it but it's been 100% percent reliable over the years with no problems at all
What should I do?
Thanks again

Ok thanks well looks like I'm going to have to save up for a new boiler, any recommendations for a reliable non combi boiler that will last for years?

Looks like I've done something stupid, can you still get non combi boilers?

Wind up, got to be
If it genuinely isn't a wind up, get a GSR around pronto,they will advise you accordingly
Do not use your heating or hot water, it's potentially life threatening

It genuinely isn't a wind up, I never thought in all these years it was dangerous, I'm going to be phoning one in the morning. Thanks again

its a wonder no one is dead! why not?

call national grid NOW 0800 111 999 and ask them to call around to inspect it to check it is safe.
they wont charge you and will be there very soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jesus! Why aren't you dead?

Turn it off immediately and get your gsr in pronto. He'll also advise you on the ideal replacement.

Meanwhile, Job 38.11

hang on....

been in 18 years when you bought the house....but your only 25 years old??????????????????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

A
  • Question
They generally have the same size thread. 3/4"...
Replies
Views
IMO, the boiler should be derated to ~ 20kw...
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
Hi Trevor Did you source the boiler? If so...
Replies
Views
Could be the expansion relief or an overflow...
Replies
Views
Back