boiler in bathroom | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss boiler in bathroom in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dman

hi can somebody out there help, i am wanting to install a combi boiler in my bathroom but only available area is above a bath, its is opposite end to shower and actually 300 mm past end of bath to front of boiler. Also I would have a cupboard built to house boiler with acess door opening into room not bath. so it would be impossible to touch boiler while in bath. and the fuse spare for the boiler is housed outside the room is this possible/legal

Not really advisable seeing as the condensation/moisture from the bath/shower could short circuit wires within the boiler.

I've seen this setup twice before and I've got to tell u, both times I was thinking 'what effin idiot done this?'.

You've also got to think ahead when fitting a boiler

• will it be easy to service
• will it be easy enough to replace the majority of components
• can you get a ladder beneath boiler to give you access

very stupid idea if you ask me

ok, i understand is not ideal but, it is major works to house boiler elsewhere. what i wanted to know was if legally possible thanks for imput though

To the best of my knowledge - not illegal, but not ideal as per the last response. If you are forwarned of the pitfalls and happy to accept them (perhaps beacause you dont want the boiler aesthetically elsewhere or you don't want to have another wall drilled for the flue), then that is your choice. If for example the bolier is on the wall to the left of the doorway, why not move the bath to the right wall, (in an alcove would be even better), well away from the boiler and install an effective extractor fan. That again will mitigate the negative aspects (but not totally remove them).

that will be zone 1 under 17th edition.
cant be installed there.

think you will find this in the mi instructions quite clear
dman are you qualified for boiler work??

installing a boiler like this may save you money know but it wil also devalue your property in the long term, especially if its an illegal installation.

If it's completely boxed in past the end of the bath and is only accessible via use of a tool to open the cupboard then it is ok and considered outside the zones. However all circuits feeding it must be RCD protected from outside the bathroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

There must be many installations that are in...
Replies
Views
P
Tricky situation for you. Boiler shouldn't...
Replies
Views
hi, no current pipework in concrete i believe...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Back