Boiler in loft - gas pressure. | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler in loft - gas pressure. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I plan to have my new boiler fitted in the loft, but I've been told that some people who have done have not had the pressure required in a higher location for the boiler to light. What is the likelyhood of this posing a problem to me? Is this something that is a common issue?

I have 22mm running through the house so there was talk with the gas fitter that he could use some of the 22mm I have in stock and run that to the loft. The gas fitter hasn't mention pressure, it was actually my dad who told me that his neighbour had a boiler fitted upstairs (not as far as the loft) and had to have the gas main upgraded to give enough pressure for the boiler to light.

in my experiance i have found that depending on the amount of other gs appliances in the property the gas pipe has to be upgraded and this can only be checked by the gas pipe sizeing calculation that should be carried out as a standard practice in order to get the correct gas pressure for the boiler

in my experiance i have found that depending on the amount of other gs appliances in the property the gas pipe has to be upgraded and this can only be checked by the gas pipe sizeing calculation that should be carried out as a standard practice in order to get the correct gas pressure for the boiler

Is that the gas pipe from the meter into the house or the gas pipe to the meter?

Never heard of height effecting gas pressure before! The gas supply is sealed so gravity will have no effect and gas is lighter than air anyway

I think the issue is the distance rather than the height, which will require pipe sizing to take into account frictional loss through the pipe itself.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

GREENSTAR CDi CLASSIC Worcester Bosch...
Replies
Views
M
I have a viessman vitodens 222F combi storage...
Replies
Views
Max Hill
M
No. It is possible the pressure relief is the...
Replies
Views
System boilers have a pressurised heating...
Replies
Views
Thank you for reply. I have isolated the noise...
Replies
Views
Back