Boiler in the Bathroom? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler in the Bathroom? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

double d

About to start a bathroom refurb for a member of the family, replaceing the bath with walk in shower, the combi boiler is in the bathroom and next to where the shower is going, im putting in a extractor fan but would the steam from the shower damage the boiler?
sorry if its a stupid question lol
also am i able to tile around the boiler or even box it in?

Steam should be okay but more ventilation will be needed for the boiler.

thanks for the reply ,what do you mean by more ventilation? the boiler is all ready in place up and running with the flue going through the wall, my concern is it being right next to the new walking shower?

The boiler should be boxed in, with openable front panel for servicing and getting to any boiler controls, you may require ventilation into cupboard, you with have to check manufacturers instructiions but would recommend it, this ventilation may be better from outside for obvious reasons, even though not a regulation, will be better for boiler and your pocket in maybe added maintenance bills :)

IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

10 o’clock / 45 degrees would be better than...
Replies
Views
M
A large storage combi could feed more than two...
Replies
Views
Size of bathroom 230cm x 210cm Height 230cm...
Replies
Views
M
I have a viessman vitodens 222F combi storage...
Replies
Views
Max Hill
M
If the pressure is going that high with the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back