boiler install | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss boiler install in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pauls

im looking for a cheap but reliable combi boiler. its landlord territory.

been asked to quote for a building that is being converted into 2 seprate masionett type 1 bed flats. doing all plumbing work and installing heating system. so im looking for a reasnable reliable and easy to install boiler.

any recommendations.

Main, very reliable and the best value in my opinion, great customer service too. However a little awkward to install at first and they are very heavy. Or maybe a Ferroli seeing as it's a landlord though would not reccomend one to a homeowner. Ferroli's are cheap and very easy to install, could make the difference between getting the job and not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Totally agree with Mike S, the Main boilers are reliable and come with the full Baxi Heatteam warranty back up. The combi is basically tthe same as the Baxi 105HE.

Totally agree with Mike S, the Main boilers are reliable and come with the full Baxi Heatteam warranty back up. The combi is basically tthe same as the Baxi 105HE.

could not agree more but i think mike s is referring to the band a main which sadly IMHO wont be as good as the band b

yep referring to band a eco, fitted a few of them recently but fitted loads of band b he's. Was mostly doing worcesters but now unless customer insists it's main, our local main rep is absolutely fantastic, the worcester one never gets back to us.
Why do you say the band a won't be as good?

i was invited to give my opinion on the band a to see what i thought of it honestly its a more complex boiler than the band b so in theory wont last as long but time will tell,i was not impressed by its design think thats the last time BAXI ask me LOL

ave been mainly sticking to potterton only probs i find is sometime have fun with the jig lining up on the 28he heatmax same as baxi anyway

the heat max is a DUOTEC which in turn is also a gold and promax very good boilers if the jig plays up slacken off the back nuts and dont put the bottom jig fixing screws in until the jigs lined up

gasman do you no why theres a shamfered edge on one side of the nut on the 15 mm is it for a diffrent model ie one nut fits all ,i always put it facing the wall so flat edge on the jig

Fit a landlord special AKA cheap n nasty, Ariston Genus, Throw it on the wall hand the land lord the 5 year Guarantee and run like the wind hahaha.

on a serious note...... DONT!!

i fitted 2 ariston e24 ff combis from city plumbing that were on offer over the new year for one of my landlords , touch would i know its only been a few month but had no problems both have had a follow up call out of curtsy like we do with all our installs about a month after.

Change number asap , and you never hear from him :)

:)

morning safegasinstall glad to see am not the only early bird , sat in office sun blazing through the window looking across the fields with a nice cup of tetleys , its what makes it all worth while

The difference is I have not got a office and I woke up early as usual went and earned £100 , now had diner and of to bed to 3 pm, after taking my boy to the farm to see the animals and from there few drinks with a mate , an wife can drive me on the way home :)

Good day to all ! Have been waiting for the Sunshine long time

selco doing 24kw heatline capriz inc flue n clock for £524 inc vat wouldn't fit 1 for customer but a landlord trying to batter you on price then i might well consider it. they are also doing 28 kw ravenheat for £569(ithink) inc flue clock neither my preferred choice though but if someones on a budget then what can you do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I sought advice here a few years ago, to...
Replies
Views
Hello All. The pump was disconnected and...
Replies
Views
P
Tricky situation for you. Boiler shouldn't...
Replies
Views
Hello, looking for a heating engineer to...
Replies
Views
Thanks to @ShaunCorbs and @cjg for the helpful...
Replies
Views
Back