Boiler issue | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler issue in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kev

Hi Guys,
I have a boiler problem and I was wondering if someone here could give me some insight. We ran rather low on oil yesterday for the boiler, found out cause it went to lock out. We had some oil delivered and I let the system settle for a couple of hours before firing it up again. It seemed fine, but it locked out again last night, and continually does this now. I have tried bleeding the oil line, but that does not solve anything. The only way the boiler will continuously run is if I press the black button on the side of the thermostatic fire valve.
Can anyone tell me what the problem is and more importantly, how to solve it? Has something happened to the fire valve which is affecting the running of the boiler?
Please help, need a hot shower!! :confused:

Could be an iffy firevalve but it does seem a bit of a co-incidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

All fixed. Changing the nozzle and cleaning...
Replies
Views
If i turn the temperature dial right down on...
Replies
Views
Yes everything worked fine before. Is there a...
Replies
Views
All sorted now and running better than ever...
Replies
Views
Was the oil pressure checked before replacing...
Replies
Views
Back