Boiler Issues | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler Issues in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gemma11

Hi,
Hopefully someone will be able to answer this please,

please see the attached picture, the enginner showed me what was wrong so I took a picture.
He didnt really explain what was causing this and is getting back to me with a quote.

Can anyone tell me what is causing this and what would the cost be to replace this part on a vaillant boiler
Is this a normal problem? how easy is it to get replaced...by the way I am in the london area should this make a difference on price etc
any answers appreciated
thanks
Gemma

Attachments

• IMG00495-20110810-1613.jpg
    IMG00495-20110810-1613.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 76
we do get a lot of problems with auto air vent on boilers the air vents that don't last long are the one were the system haven't been flushed therefore the heating system is always creating air and the air vent is working overtime. they don't cost much to replace £15 to £25 plus labour

Probably more than that in labour at London prices but it's only a small job.

We always turn off after commissioning as per MI's

As mentioned its the automatic air vent used to allow air to escape from the system.

It has a plastic float inside and in hard water areas either the float jams in the down position or the shraerder valve gets gunked up allowing water to escape from the top.

Easy job should only take about 30 minutes to fix if that is the only fault.

£15.00 to £25.00 for parts + Labour you need to find out what the Labour rate is ! are they chargeing a call -out fee ? are they going to charge you for collecting the part ? they can charge a max of 1Hr to collect parts, Liveing in London if they charge you 2Hrs expect a bill for up-to £200.00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Who said plastic 28/22mm copper tube and mlcp...
Replies
Views
IMO, the boiler should be derated to ~ 20kw...
Replies
Views
Hi, approx. 2-3 hours.
Replies
Views
The condensate pipe might be sharing the drain...
Replies
Views
Billy Boiler
B
W
pcb issue so gas safe engy required sorry to say
Replies
Views
Back