boiler job | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss boiler job in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tiling spread

(Im not gas safe)
Iv been asked by a mate of mine if i can help on a full fit out.
run pipe work hang rads hang boiler (fit the boiler on the wall and run all pipes to it)
fit pipe work for tank tale's for Wc bath sink and kitchen.
first time iv done any plumbing for him as im his main plasterer. (let it slip i can do plumbing):6:
were do i stand on fitting boiler (not fitting the gas) ( but running the pipe work)
and tank

im confident in running pipes hanging rads and coreing out i can fit full bath rooms/kitchens ect

Technically the RGI should hang boiler, run gas, fit flue and commission. You can do water side.

nothing to stop you running pipework to boiler i.e. flow and return hot & cold. regards gas you can run pipe to gas meter but say leave 800mm short.for g.s. plumber to connect and test for tightness. but you would have to know that you've sized your gas pipe correctly again gas safe plumber would calculate this. cheers grant.

I was reliably informed by an inspector that even the wet connections to a boiler are classed as gas work

You shouldnt be doing anything around boiler

Pipe runs and rads are ok. But not gas run. Or within 1m of the wet side on a boiler

I got called out to do a gas cert for one off my landlords , she had gave the builder the whole building project Inc heating & boiler ,
I turned up not noing he got the job ,
I looked at the job , condemned the gas run ( masive leak ) sniffer said leak under new laminate flooring , needs ripping up again to repair , no pipe sleve , flue to long , prv straight pipe , condense flexy out side ( biasi ) , also told landlord I take boiler off wall to double check fixings , earth bonding missing , hob gas cock missing ,, typical builder , they think they no everything , gave landlord big bill to put right

I got called out to do a gas cert for one off my landlords , she had gave the builder the whole building project Inc heating & boiler ,
I turned up not noing he got the job ,
I looked at the job , condemned the gas run ( masive leak ) sniffer said leak under new laminate flooring , needs ripping up again to repair , no pipe sleve , flue to long , prv straight pipe , condense flexy out side ( biasi ) , also told landlord I take boiler off wall to double check fixings , earth bonding missing , hob gas cock missing ,, typical builder , they think they no everything , gave landlord big bill to put right

Did you RIDDOR?

Did you RIDDOR?

I've never riddor any one before , just ripped into builder ( foreign ) . Told him to not touch gas again , just got stuck in to the work as tennet moving in next day

i dont touch gas unless
im working for a gs plumber al i do is trv's rads run pipes gas line ect but he is teaching me too most the time im looking and doing what ever he wants
if i dont know i ask he gets the hump some times with me asking but how am i ment to lern if i dont know

It was a mad half hour when I had landlord in one ear , builder in the other ,
I just stared altering the faults , the gas was not turned on , capped by transco at the time ,
The landlord gives me work often , so I thought I just do the works,to teach land lord a lesson ,
Brain not working at the time , only thought about riddor during the repairs

i dont touch gas unless
im working for a gs plumber al i do is trv's rads run pipes gas line ect but he is teaching me too most the time im looking and doing what ever he wants
if i dont know i ask he gets the hump some times with me asking but how am i ment to lern if i dont know

You mention GAS RUN ..!

You can hang the boiler, run the gas run, connect the flue, etc.

Only if you have a suitable Gas Safe registered engineer directly supervising you. This is no different to being an apprentice.

Is this what you are proposing to do?

i dont touch gas unless

just go college first learn it all and than go and work with GSR plumber and it will be much easier as everything he says will make sense to you !

you should not be touching the gas pipe, or touching the boiler imho, is your friend gas safe ? why isnt he doin the boiler ? if i had someone helping me who wasnt qualified or experienced enough i wouldnt be having him do the boiler for me, id be having him hanging rads and thats it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Can you give some more info? National company...
Replies
Views
We've just sorted one of these situations...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Hello. I am planning to build a small half...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Pipe moved...Temporarily fed back...
Replies
Views
Back