Boiler keeps losing pressure | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler keeps losing pressure in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bex0_10

Hi,

Just looking for a bit of advice on my boiler..

About 6 weeks ago I noticed the pressure was very low on the boiler. The engineer came out and topped it up and showed me how to do it myself.

Since then I've had to do it 4 times as it regularly has been dropping below 1. The latest time was monday this week and I've noticed it needs doing again.

Surely this can't be normal? I haven't noticed a leak anywhere.

Its a baxi combi 105he.

Thanks

call engineer back and explain your situation, so it can be investigated further. there must be a reason for pressure going down

All too common on all combi boilers. Drop in pressure is usually due to 3 things
1. small impossible to find leak
2. mal function of the pressure release valve - check outside for water dripping from pipe under boiler flue - even put a food bag over end to catch small drips
3. pressure vessel pressure drop or failed

all 3 are (if u r not experienced) an enginners job, if system is under warrantee its their problem if not its ur problem check 2 1st (cheapest), 1 2nd, 3 last (most expensive)

centralheatking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

You might have a EV (expansion vessel)...
Replies
Views
the op says no water in prv balloon so not prv...
Replies
Views
P
Doesn't matter, mod will remove or close it.
Replies
Views
What the easiest way to find why my boiler is...
Replies
Views
Np Simon. Hoping to get the boiler engineer...
Replies
Views
Back