boiler knocking | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss boiler knocking in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Leadbetters

Hey does anyone know why this raven heat has started knocking,not all the time but is knocking.
I thought gas pressure but aint, then pump any ideas

Do you live in a hard water area? If so, the knocking is probably kettling due to the heat exchanger furring up. Adding Sentinel X200 will reduce this.

Would help to know mode; details leadbetters?? Knocking on hot water heating or both? etc...etc...:)

Soz my previous post should have said "model" details :)

Is it a combi? AND is it heat or hydraulic related? If you extinguish the heat source does the knocking disapear?

Ravenheat low nox and sounds like Heat related maybe the combustion chamber

More than likely, as meantioned B4 by Doitmyself, posible scale. Is it in a hard water area?

Get the manufacturers out ledbetters .. I'm out of this one :waving:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Could be right above the boiler pipework or...
Replies
Views
Hello All. The pump was disconnected and...
Replies
Views
Hounsfield are great boilers, but dont do a...
Replies
Views
G
or just turn the boiler off at switch
Replies
Views
Back