Boiler KW Rating | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler KW Rating in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Armo74

Hello,

Could someone please explain what is meant by the boiler KW input and how it is achieved. Also would i be right in thinking that the boiler KW output is how much power the boiler gives off?

Thankyou.

10kw input - the boiler consumes the amount of gas equivalent to 10 kw's per hour (based on the calorific value of the fuel)

9 kw output - the boiler transfer's this amount of energy into usable heat

90% efficiency - 10% of the energy contained within the gas is lost i;e out the flue etc

the input is the amount of energy it uses or amount of gas, and the output is the energy it gives out or heat. The boiler converts the energy in the gas to heat energy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Replies
Views
Do I switch off Electric Hot Heater Cylinder...
Replies
Views
Many thanks. I'll look into that.
Replies
Views
Yes, a 24kW will be fine - just what you need.
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Back