Boiler leaking water in at least two places. | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler leaking water in at least two places. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

I recently noticed that we had a couple of slow leaks from the boiler. One was just below the front metal panel cover and the other from a pipe underneath it. In the last couple of days the leak from the pipe/valve has become faster, filling up a bucket full each day. On closer inspection it looks like a screw is missing from the valve/pipe so for the time being I’ve inserted a normal screw to try to stem the leak but it hasn’t worked. In the same time we’ve noticed that our Hall radiator is also leaking and the laminate flooring is showing signs of water damage. I’ve attached a photo of the areas where the leaks are and wondered if someone could clarify what is wrong and the sort of cost involved in repairs. Thanks

6D68993D-6958-44E1-A132-403ECCF8E857.jpeg

7DCBBC55-1302-4044-AEC9-BA8BB8BF96F8.jpeg

4FC892D9-03FE-4753-ABAD-14F34AFA107A.jpeg

I recently noticed that we had a couple of slow leaks from the boiler. One was just below the front metal panel cover and the other from a pipe underneath it. In the last couple of days the leak from the pipe/valve has become faster, filling up a bucket full each day. On closer inspection it looks like a screw is missing from the valve/pipe so for the time being I’ve inserted a normal screw to try to stem the leak but it hasn’t worked. In the same time we’ve noticed that our Hall radiator is also leaking and the laminate flooring is showing signs of water damage. I’ve attached a photo of the areas where the leaks are and wondered if someone could clarify what is wrong and the sort of cost involved in repairs. Thanks

View attachment 34495

View attachment 34496

View attachment 34497
To misquote Tommy Cooper, don't take it to those places :p

Similar plumbing topics

It's a sealed system so if its leaking from...
Replies
Views
It seems to be a case of having to watch and...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, Baxi Ecoblue System boiler...
Replies
Views
T
Please advise me. I am a disabled pensioner. I...
  • TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
  • Boilers
  • Latest:
  • TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
Replies
Views
TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
T
Thank you. I will give it a turn later on and...
Replies
Views
Back