Boiler leaking water | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler leaking water in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ramaz

First of all let me start with Hi i am new :)
And now for the worst part, I have no knowledge of how a boiler operates and recently there has been water leaking from it, as a result boiler looses pressure and I have to keep filling it up everyday. So I decided to open it up and have a look at it and to my surprise yes there was a leak. As from my understanding it is leaking from a little plastic thinggy which is hooked on to this pipe and from what I understand this plastic thinggy controls the tap water if that makes any sense whatsoever. I will attach an image to provide you better understanding of the problem and I would like someone to please recommend whether I could fix this my self or pay hefty call out charges. :(

Attachments

• IMAG0039.jpg
    IMAG0039.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 48
  • IMAG0037.jpg
    IMAG0037.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 50
Cant really see where leak is
But no you won't be able to do it yourself
If you post your location there maybe someone on forum who is near you and could help you out

I would guess its leaking from the spindle on the diverter valve that activates the microswitch assembly.

Ditto what Gray0689 says and get a GSR forum member to sort it for you.

Hi thx for replying and yes I think it is leaking from the place suggested by Toned.f, it is a siwtch thing that triggers when I turn the tap on.
I am in Birmingham (West Bromwich) so if there is someone that can fix this I be gratfeful and if not do you think I can apply some silcon sealant as the water leak is very tiny which is about approx a drop every 30 seconds.

the leak will only get worse mate get somebody in before it does, no it cant be repaired with silicone

I'm sure there must be a GSR member from Birmingham on the forum. Don't attempt to repair this with silicon. Its a complete waste of time, money and might even make things worse.

you need a new diaphram, sometimes called a stuffing box, should come with a few different parts, this is not something you can do yourself, you need to call a gas safe registered engineer, it will only get worse if you leave it and could cost you more if left and water gets into the microswitch.

Don't forget there are limits to DIY! Sometimes DIY can cost you more. Before you touch anything , just a reminder!

All you have to do if you are worried about costs just find an engineer who do`s not charge a call out fee poss cost for this repair arround £80.00. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

It's a sealed system so if its leaking from...
Replies
Views
T
I know you must be frustrated, but as gmartine...
Replies
Views
It seems to be a case of having to watch and...
Replies
Views
D
2 of my properties tenants have notified me...
Replies
Views
Dany Michael
D
P
I have just had the same issue with the unit...
Replies
Views
N Nicho
N
Back