boiler leaking!! | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss boiler leaking!! in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

terri

there are drips of water coming from what i assume to be the condensate collector, and my hot water is running freezing! i absolutely need to sort this out, as it's christmas eve and can't get a plumber!!!

Check that the condensate pipe has not frozen outside resulting in the condensate back filling into the boiler. If it is frozen, boiler a kettle and pour it on or get a hair dryer on it.

what would the condensate pipe look like, sorry for the silly question, but useless with this type of thing and I'm based in south wales

Oh and theres a welsh heating engineer on here called Gasman, perhaps he'll help you out? Don't know. But he knows his onions and could get you up and running.

i think that it is very likely it is frozen, going to investigate now, would this be the reason my water is cold as well?

make and model of boiler would help and any lights/code on front,is heating ok

ferroli not sure what model and yes either a1 or r1 not entirely sure, heating is fine

Yeah boiler will 'lock out' if this pipe gets blocked, with ice or whatever. Good luck with it. hope you have a warm Christmas. Danny

well the pipe was blocked, that's all sorted but i'm still getting the a/r1 error?

what water system pressure do you have on boiler,if low top up,as could just stop hot water,leak maybe coming from somewhere other than condensate

If ok and heating working and error code coming on when you turn hot tap on,could be hot water thermistor ,think in that case,you will need a boiler plumber to sort out
:(

Last edited by a moderator:
the leak has stopped from there now, i'm positive it was from there. the code just keeps flashing, and it only happen last night, which is probably around the same time as the leak, as i'm sure it wasn't yesterday

i think on ferroli boilers the pressure gauge is underneath on right hand side should read approx 1 bar, we are assuming that its a sealed system (combi or system boiler)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

It's a sealed system so if its leaking from...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, Baxi Ecoblue System boiler...
Replies
Views
It seems to be a case of having to watch and...
Replies
Views
T
I know you must be frustrated, but as gmartine...
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
Back