Boiler leaking | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler leaking in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jifdave

Hi,
My boiler has sprung a leak. I've opened up the outer cover then taken off the inner silver cover.

The leak appears to be coming from the top of a copper pipe running up the left hand side.

I'll link a picture. Any help appreciated and thank you in advance.

http://i941.photobucket.com/albums/ad253/jifdave/d7750637.jpg

I would reccomened that you turn the boiler off and call a gas safe eng in the morning.

Whats your location. Maybe there is a local one on here to help you

I'm in Rochester, Kent. Luckily I rent so will call the landlord in the morning. Is there a better description of the leak I have.

I'm in Rochester, Kent. Luckily I rent so will call the landlord in the morning. Is there a better description of the leak I have.

no we cant see your link and you should not be taking a boiler apart

why are you taking the boiler apart ?? get the landlord out its his/hers duty to get it fixed not yours.

It stopped leaking as it ran out of pressure. I used the induction loop to repressurise and it has leaked since and lost about 1 bar in an hour.

sounds like your expansion vessel may be gone also, this type of leak is typical sign of expanison problems, get your landlord to get an engineer out to repiar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

T
I know you must be frustrated, but as gmartine...
Replies
Views
Fits back on flue on top of boiler
Replies
Views
It's a sealed system so if its leaking from...
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
The electrics are getting sorted Wednesday...
Replies
Views
Back