Boiler location | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler location in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
This boiler needs replacing, am I correct in saying the boiler needs relocating or the bath needs moving to make it acceptable?

Thanks

image.jpg

Blooming eck!
Yes, one or the other will have to go.

That's a good one for the sparkies forum, or the gas safe mag.

Blooming eck!
Yes, one or the other will have to go.

That's a good one for the sparkies forum, or the gas safe mag.

I thought so, will go back tomorrow night to drop off a couple of heaters and have a proper look for a suitable location. It's mid terrace and the walls where you'd be looking to place it are full of windows. Will check the loft but not hopeful.

I thought so, will go back tomorrow night to drop off a couple of heaters and have a proper look for a suitable location. It's mid terrace and the walls where you'd be looking to place it are full of windows. Will check the loft but not hopeful.

Could it go any higher ?

Vertical flue through the roof?

An update, spoke to the guy today and ran through the options. Bath gone or boiler in loft.

He doesn't want the boiler in the loft and there is no where else to put a boiler other than where the current one is. He has said he is planning on having the bath removed, I can't be sure that will happen any time soon.

The customer has no ch or hw. What if I was to cap the bath supply so it's no longer functioning as a bath?

Don't shoot me down, I'm looking for a way to get the customer up and running ASAP but also not get in trouble.

Thanks

The customer has no ch or hw. What if I was to cap the bath supply so it's no longer functioning as a bath?

Don't shoot me down, I'm looking for a way to get the customer up and running ASAP but also not get in trouble.

Thanks

The problem is, what's to stop him getting his mate down the pub to reconnect the bath? Then you've installed an appliance in an unsafe location (not a problem for gas, BTW as it's room sealed, but the electrics). If you were to remove the bathtub completely, take photos of room empty of bath, pipes capped off etc. then I'd say you've nothing to fear.

Its one of those situations where the boiler is already incorrectly installed so a straight swap isn't possible. If he wont take your advice, then walk away and save yourself the headache.

It's a real difficult one mate. you can't have anthing electrical within touching distance of a bathroom shower.

To be honest I think I'm going to have to walk away. I might go and have a look tomorrow night just in case the loft is doable and I can talk him round. Shame really, nice guy and the sort of customer who will leave you alone to do the job.

Thing is he will end up having a cowboy in who will straight swap it, best I can do is advise him on what to pay if he does decide to let someone put a new boiler in the same place. I have told him it can't go there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I need someone to replace my boiler, I am...
Replies
Views
I get 1.65mB drop plus fittings for 30m in...
Replies
Views
Thanks for both replies - so the search is on...
Replies
Views
L
Reading between the lines, are the RGIs on...
Replies
Views
Cadent can only guarantee 14mbar in periods of...
Replies
Views
Back