Boiler lock-out | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler lock-out in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

frakaka

Can someone pls assit me with an information. I did a service on a potterton promax 28he and check the burner and inlet gas pressure after that the boiler went on lock out and I did a tightness test and there was no drop. only to be told the next day that there has been a gas leak from the boiler. What I do nt understand is why I did not see a drop during tightness test.
Regards.

If the gas leak was after the gas valve it would only show up when the boiler is running.

When did you do a tightness test before or after the service

did you bubble it

Last edited:
I did tightness testing after and there was no drop and i did buble it but i think my ldf is faulty

Just been told by a teanant that he will file a case because had a gas leak on the boiler from the test nipple when runing his hot water bath. Did tightness test and there was no drop as the boiler was on lock out. What do I do.

So what you are saying is, you didn't tighten up and test properly the test point on the boiler?
It sounds like you've checked the burner pressure then the boiler has locked out and then you've sprayed the test point (with no gas passing through) because it's locked out....
If the leak was on the b.p test point you wouldn't pick that up on a t.t at the meter any way....
If that's right then I'd your at fault mate, not sure how you will deal with the complaint.

Sorry in advance if I've misunderstood your post but that's how I've read it.

wouldnt worry about the "case"

you say it was a bp test nipple that leaked, this can leak and will def not show up on a tt

this is a ldf only test on the nipple

you can't do a burner pressure test that means anything as it is a zero gonvenor, so no point, sorry doesn't help at all with not testing with ldf when gas turned on, you only gas rate these boilers and use analyser to set gas valve!!

you can't do a burner pressure test that means anything as it is a zero gonvenor, so no point, sorry doesn't help at all with not testing with ldf when gas turned on, you only gas rate these boilers and use analyser to set gas valve!!
had me wondering how the OP checked the burner pressure as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I would say no
Replies
Views
If i turn the temperature dial right down on...
Replies
Views
Absolute cock & bull from SGN, think about...
Replies
Views
G
Didn’t grease the oring before refitting...
Replies
Views
Fits back on flue on top of boiler
Replies
Views
Back