Boiler locking out | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler locking out in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

I have an intermittent fault with an external Worcester oil boiler.
It intermittently locks out and after reset runs again. My condensing waste pipe is connected to a gutter downpipe.
It occurred to me that during heavy rain the condensing pipe may not be able to drain and can cause the problem.

Is this the possible cause of the problem?

Yes if blocked it could cause lockouts. The condensing discharge should have an air break where it tee's into to drainage externally.
What's the pattern and frequency of these lockouts? What burner is it?

Never seen an oil worcester lockout due to condensate. It would just drop into main heat exchanger.

Although I have seen one full of water when the 40mm pipe froze and the washing machine filled the main heat exchanger 😮

Can you take a picture of the burner.

Never seen an oil worcester lockout due to condensate. It would just drop into main heat exchanger.

Although I have seen one full of water when the 40mm pipe froze and the washing machine filled the main heat exchanger 😮

Can you take a picture of the burner.
I can't take a picture at the moment but it is a Worcester green Star camray 18/25 External oil boiler

Similar plumbing topics

If i turn the temperature dial right down on...
Replies
Views
V
I presume you mean Vokéra Easiheat 29C? If yes...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Does it have a flame diffuser? Original...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, I have Worcester combi boiler which has...
Replies
Views
Andy Jackson
A
The condensate pipe might be sharing the drain...
Replies
Views
Billy Boiler
B
Back