Boiler Losing Pressure from Washing Machine | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler Losing Pressure from Washing Machine in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

shudder

Hi Guys,

I have moved into a flat and the washing machine is coming up with a error message which means there is no fill coming in. I have checked the supply and it only lasts for a few seconds and the boiler loses pressure, re-pressurise the boiler and a decent flow returns; until I take it there is no pressure left in the boiler and we're back to square one.

Does this mean that the washing machine is plumbed into the wrong circuit?

I wonder if anybody can offer a resolution/best course of action for my problem.

Many Thanks

Stuart

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys!

I did think it was strange as the only issues I have had from boiler pressure dropping is after bleeding rad's and a faulty hot tap previously and the machine is cold fill.

It is a rented property, when I initially raised it the agents advised poor pressure is not something which is covered under the landlords remit, I will return to them with this update!

Stuart

It sounds like Zero pressure not Low pressure.

It's a boiler fault, it's the Landlord or their agent's problem unless you have had the washing machine connection point (not the machine) plumbed in.

if you have problems from the agent, call them with a problem with the heating not working instead.

go down the rag market and buy a hugo boss suit, put it in the machine, throw some bleach on it to make it go patchy and then tell the agent the water from the heating has wrecked your new suit and it will cost £500 to replace.

Thanks, some good points there. I will try the agents again however they are about as useful as a chocolate teapot and took 10 weeks to fix what turned out to be a major water leak as their contractors came round twice and advised that there was not a leak! Ended up having to call out Environmental Health to get that sorted!

All of the plumbing was already in situ when I moved in, haven't done any work myself so I can't be blamed.

Last edited by a moderator:
if the boiler has a filling loop check its turned off, could be some cow boy has been in, seen the prv on the boiler is passing and cracked open the filling loop to keep the system pressurised and you only noticed this when you turned on the washing machine. Been there found it so it could be one answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

P
Doesn't matter, mod will remove or close it.
Replies
Views
Not a problem there, then. When the boiler is...
Replies
Views
Again, ongoing thanks. I'll have to get to my...
Replies
Views
Thanks Enthalpy, Your conclusion is exactly...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Back