Boiler losing pressure when central heating on | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler losing pressure when central heating on in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

needabitofhelp

Hi there we have a Valliant Boiler that is losing pressure. We had the problem about a year ago but then it seemed to stop. We had no problems when we were only using hot water over the summer.

Since we have started using the heating system I have had to re pressure 3 times.

We had two people come to look at it back in Dec on our insurance last year one said PRV (but he never came back to fix) the 2nd person said not pvr may be pin hole leak?

If it is a leak surely between now and March the system would have drained out?

It's a comman fault. Have you has a search through the forum.

Your goon to need a GSR thou to fix it

Hi there we have a Valliant Boiler that is losing pressure. We had the problem about a year ago but then it seemed to stop. We had no problems when we were only using hot water over the summer.

Since we have started using the heating system I have had to re pressure 3 times.

We had two people come to look at it back in Dec on our insurance last year one said PRV (but he never came back to fix) the 2nd person said not pvr may be pin hole leak?

If it is a leak surely between now and March the system would have drained out?

sounds like the expansion vessel needs re pressurising or replacing or even may not be big enough for system, have you added any rads?

could be sometihng as simple as a leaking nut that only leaks when warm(expanded). First thing to do is run heating and go around all rads, rad valves and pipework and feel for a leak. Be carefull it will be hot!!

also check the pipe outside from the boiler for drips.

these checks are free, so do them first.

could be sometihng as simple as a leaking nut that only leaks when warm(expanded). First thing to do is run heating and go around all rads, rad valves and pipework and feel for a leak. Be carefull it will be hot!!

also check the pipe outside from the boiler for drips.

these checks are free, so do them first.

your right its normally a leak, when i had an extension to the house i found one in the wall, id looked for ages and never found it

i came across one at work years ago, it had been 2years of engineers going around and re pressurising every month or so because it was not visable. then the tennant decided to remove the ceiling paper and found a damp patch. It turned out to be a soldered joint under the floor that had a tiny drip. It was the first time i had been sent there and i had to lift the laminate floor in the bedroom to repair it. Sods law i guess, 20 engineers before me and the day i turn up they had removed the paper and i had to struggle to fix it.

id say 9 time out of ten its a rad valve nut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Ok great...really hoping it wasn't a leak.
Replies
Views
Np Simon. Hoping to get the boiler engineer...
Replies
Views
M
Isolate and drain boiler. Pump up expansion...
Replies
Views
That means you have a leak as the system...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Back