Boiler losing pressure | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler losing pressure in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

peter wilson

Hello All
Have Worcester Greenstar he 30 boiler, loosing pressurer about half a bar a night. I have isolated the boiler from the CH system, and turned boiler off still loses pressure. nothing comeing through prv or epansion vessel air vent no visable leaks. Any one got any ideas
please

Sounds like it may be the main heatexchanger ... If it is the water will be running out of the condensate pipe and you'll never see it!

Hi thanks for your reply, could it be diaphram in converter valve letting ch water into hot water system. I will isolate ch system again and after pressure drop look in main heat exchanger to see if signs of any water.

:iagree: Also, rather than disturb the boiler flueway, dodgy if you're not GSR, can you access the condensate pipe? With everything turned off see if you are getting any water travelling down it ... You shouldn't!

Had this before on a Baxi, the secondary heat ex had a leak which was going straight down the condense pipe. If you have isolated the boiler and it is still loosing pressure then as has been said, disconnect the condense pipe and catch anything that comes out of it. When the boiler is off, the condense pipe shouldn't run with anything.

Hi Steve had a look in main burn after isolating boiler and turning pressure up, yes water was coming in.Very expensive part called, worcester regards ten year guarantee my boiler was 2005, ten year guarantee was for 2007 onward. Any way pleasant suprise they offered me two possabilites a one off repair fee of £230-00 or twevlve month cover plan for £285-00 included replacment main heat exchanger and any other parts and the twevle month cover.
Phoned them to day at 12pm and took the cover plan, engineer came at 2-30pm and replaced exchanger and prv just in case also new electrodes in burner. Well happy it just shows on expensive parts there worth a call fixed price deal. Thank you for your help
Peter

Thanks arran for your response got sorted now as you can read in my reply to diamondgas
Cheers Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Ok great...really hoping it wasn't a leak.
Replies
Views
M
Isolate and drain boiler. Pump up expansion...
Replies
Views
That means you have a leak as the system...
Replies
Views
P
Doesn't matter, mod will remove or close it.
Replies
Views
Again, ongoing thanks. I'll have to get to my...
Replies
Views
Back