Boiler losing pressure | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler losing pressure in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
My boiler keeps losing pressure on a daily basis. If I have a faulty pressure relief valve how long would it take to see discharge from outside pipe after repressurising boiler to say 2 bar. I can't see any water from discharge pipe from outside and if the pipes were leaking I would have seen it by now as I have been losing and topping up 2 bar of pressure daily. What is worrying me is that there is water going somewhere. I can hear water filling into bathroom radiator when I top up boiler pressure. Thanks

Boiler cold fill pressure is 1 bar. Put a container under the discharge or tie a balloon or thin rubber glove over it that can burst easily if you don't want to wait for it. Its most often a pressure vessel issue which requires a GSR to look at it. Likely to be within the boiler casing and therefore not a DIY job. Otherwise a leak elsewhere.

Boiler cold fill pressure is 1 bar. Put a container under the discharge or tie a balloon or thin rubber glove over it that can burst easily if you don't want to wait for it. Its most often a pressure vessel issue which requires a GSR to look at it. Likely to be within the boiler casing and therefore not a DIY job. Otherwise a leak elsewhere.

I have tied a bag around discharge pipe. Only about a thimble full of water in about 4 days. I have been topping up pressure daily. Can't see any leaks anywhere. Rad valves OK. Water would be coming through ceiling by now. No pipes going underground. Thanks

Have you checked the condense pipe (white) for continuous discharge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Ok great...really hoping it wasn't a leak.
Replies
Views
the op says no water in prv balloon so not prv...
Replies
Views
You need a new service engineer not a new...
Replies
Views
You might have a EV (expansion vessel)...
Replies
Views
Np Simon. Hoping to get the boiler engineer...
Replies
Views
Back