Boiler Loud Bang | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler Loud Bang in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cjh2184

Hi,

I live in a rented property, there's an Ideal/Istor boiler upstairs in a cupboard no where near an external wall. So on top of the boilers there's two transparent tubes running up into the loft and over to the roof (I'm assuming the flue).

Anyway, when the boiler comes on there's a loud bang that I think is echoing up through the tubes and out of the roof. Kind of sounds like a shot gun going off (not quite a loud) but like that sort of sound. Sometimes there's only a slight bang you can hardly hear. Other times it's quite loud and it can be heard down stairs in the living room. I think the echo from the bang might be going outside and the neighbors could here it late a night lol

We've lived her for about 7 months and it didn't do it when we first moved in. One day the heating wasn't working, and I worked out it was the thermostat downstairs causing it. A guy came out and replaced it and the heating was working again. But he had the case of the boiler so might have adjusted something. It's been doing it since guy had been there, but seems to be getting louder.

What could be causing that? And is it anything to worry about?

Last edited by a moderator:
Run..............find a pho
ne box and phone the guy back or phone the guy who knows the guy and get him to get him back

He fixed it a couple of months ago lol. I've survived so far. Any ideas what it is?

From a quick google, it might be explosive ignition?

Last edited by a moderator:
Googling boiler problems is about on par with googling health problems. You'll either shyte yourself and be worried for months or just get the pro's in.
Ring the landlord in the morning.

Just phone your landlord its not worth it trying to self diagnose and safer in the long term

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

H
A professional is needed to diagnose and...
Replies
Views
Hi, We recently moved into a new rental...
Replies
Views
Hi, When I turn on the central heating, the...
Replies
Views
If this issue was there when you bought the...
Replies
Views
Whoops, yes, well spotted. Getting my systems...
Replies
Views
Back