Boiler makes banging noise | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler makes banging noise in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Clive_hall88

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone is able to help me.

I am currently living in a 2 floor house with a combi boiler.

After about 5-10 mins of either my heating or hot water being switched on my boiler makes a banking sounds for a few seconds (sounds like air is passing through the boiler). Before this point if the hot water is being run it is at a tempid temperature and after this becomes very hot.

I have tried bleeding the radiators in the house and removed a lot of air from one of the radiators but the problem still percists.

Please can someone give me advice as to what to do next.

Many thanks

Clive

sounds like boiler kettling and possible failure of high heat stat, or lack of pump circulation

I know its obvious but is there enough water in the system?

Its just that I notice, you said you had bled the rads, but not mentioned refilling system.

:) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Could be right above the boiler pipework or...
Replies
Views
As above it’s an overheating noise
Replies
Views
Yeah I think there was loose wiring in the...
Replies
Views
No problem. Nice to be thanked and appreciated...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Would an open hot water tap / open radiator...
Replies
Views
Back