Boiler 'no flame' cutout with sensible current through flame sensor. | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler 'no flame' cutout with sensible current through flame sensor. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Hi. I have a Chaffoteaux HE 30 which keeps locking out with errors of (mostly) no flame (E04) or (occasionally) flame lift (E18). During the startup cycle a flame is visibly present, and the current through the flame sensor is about 5 - 8 microamps (see pic) until it locks out. Should that not be enough to confirm a flame has been established? The flame sensor itself has recently been replaced, and the burner itself looks fine. Is this likely to be a pcb issue, and is there anything else I could do to test things before paying out for a new one? The problem has been developing over a few weeks. Initially it was only a problem when the boiler was cold, and after a few lockouts it would get its act together and then be fine for the rest of the day. Now its happening all the time!

Screenshot 2021-03-14 at 12.41.45.png

Needs a gas safe engineer

maybe also due to cost easier to change the boiler depending on factors

Similar plumbing topics

A plume management kit could be fitted to the...
Replies
Views
Coil.......................................plus...
Replies
Views
S
OK then, good luck with it 👍👍
Replies
Views
N
Hi,did you fix intermitent L-F ? I have same...
Replies
Views
Mikesin
M
Thanks some good ideas. Just as an aside if we...
Replies
Views
Back