Boiler Noise - Baxi Solo | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler Noise - Baxi Solo in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Penworth

Can anyone give me some pointers ? I have a Baxi Solo 2 RS60 boiler which when it is heating causes an intermittent banging noise in the pipe work upstairs. This occurs if the boiler is providing hot water, central heating or both.The flame isn't pulsing or flaring when this happens, venting the radiators has no effect. The boiler is about 15 years old.

It would be good if there is a diy solution if not I'd be happy to know what to expect when I call in professional.

Thanks.

could be the heat exchanger needs cleaning, does it kettle?

could be your pump this is a low water content boiler so needs a healthy pump is it original?

Thanks very much for the posts Rodreguez and Gas Man, they do raise a couple more questions though:

a) What is kettling ? The boiler itself does make a repetitive "chuch-chuch" type noise from time to time, which does sound a little like the noise a kettle makes as it heats up.

b) By the pump do you mean the one that drives the central heating system or is there another one internal to the boiler itself ? The one that drives the heating was replaced within the last 18 months and runs without any excessive noise. The banging in the pipes occurs even when the heating is off and the boiler heating just the hot water.

These repairs sound beyond the diy-er but I'll know what to expect when I call in a professional.

Thanks again, it's great to know that there's people out there happy to help and share their knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Speak to Baxi regards the warranty, as they...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi all, i have a Baxi solo boiler which is...
Replies
Views
Pump is GRUNDFOS UPS2 15-50/60 Started up the...
Replies
Views
Whoops, yes, well spotted. Getting my systems...
Replies
Views
Let’s have a heated debate…
Replies
Views
Back