Boiler noise,when there is a call for hot water | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler noise,when there is a call for hot water in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

warrington

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi,
Boiler was making noise, so i cleaned the system, fitted total filter, add chemicals. And that stoped the noise in heating side but when there is hot water call noise comes back again. It is gravity system, pump and 3 midway valve works ok.
i ll be greatfull for any advice.

P.S you may see same thread new members area, as you can understand i am new to site so i couldn't get the thread in right place, sorry,

Is there a gate valve on flow or return to cylinder? was it fully open when cleaning system out?

no there was no gate valve on flow or return. From the programmer when i turned the hot water it is fine no noise, when ask for hot water noise is back, and it is not from pipes from boiler itself. Bit weird really i am confused.

was the 3 port valve open when cleaning out, only thing I can think of is dirt in system, air or scale.

what sort of noise is it? which chemical did you use to clean?

3port valve was open, first used sludge remover, let it work a day cleaned the system again, boiler noise reducer and inhibitor. All radiators bleed, filter bleed, manual air vent bleed. And can't find the answer why the noise coming on hot water. Noise from boiler is shaking.

Sludge remover should be in for 2-3 weeks by the manufacturers guidelines, most plumbers leave for a week.

Don't know if this would of caused it?

and I take it the system isnt a single feed cylinder? was it vented or sealed system?

yes it should be in longer, i didn't have time to wait as i was doing it for friend and it is in 5 hours away to me. But what i did, i put another chemical and adviced him to run the hot water only when he doesn't need heat,to clean that circuit and clear the filter. So this will take some time to work, hope it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thank you for reply. I have isolated the noise...
Replies
Views
Our boiler has started making a noise on start...
Replies
Views
Would an open hot water tap / open radiator...
Replies
Views
L
That shouldn't happen. Going to need lots of...
Replies
Views
Could be right above the boiler pipework or...
Replies
Views
Back