Boiler noise | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler noise in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Peach533

We have a Worcester Bosch greenstar boiler approx 5 years old. During the summer we have fantastic hot water no problem. During the colder months when the central heating is on we still get fantastic hot water and great central heating but sometimes when we turn the hot water tap bath/shower etc.... The boiler makes a noise like an aeroplane taking off! We then notice that the pressure has dropped and we need to top it up. It holds the pressure for a little while but then gradually drops again. This problem only seems to happen when the central heating is on, it happened earlier in the year when the heating was on and then during the summer the pressure remained fine?
Any ideas what the problem could be before I get someone out??
Thank you

Sounds like you have a failed part

Relatively cheap. And shouldn't take a good GSR to do

Where in the country are you. Perhaps someone on here could help you out

Thank you, excuse my ignorance but what is GSR?
We are in west london

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thank you for reply. I have isolated the noise...
Replies
Views
Np Simon. Hoping to get the boiler engineer...
Replies
Views
Oh dear. Plumber it is!! I chose the wrong...
Replies
Views
M
Isolate and drain boiler. Pump up expansion...
Replies
Views
Could be right above the boiler pipework or...
Replies
Views
Back