Boiler not cutting out | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler not cutting out in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jmcclintock77

Hi,

my dad contacted me to say his boiler is constantly burning and his central heating pump is running even when the heating and hot water are off. The only way he can turn it off is via the isolation switch cutting the power to the boiler. Everything else seems to be working fine. If he flicks the heating on the rads get warm, and he also has hot water from the tank. (it's an unvented system)

Any suggestions - EON can't get out to him until February!!!!

Any help would be much appreciated

Cheers

James

Call a local heating engineer to have a look, If heating system is running uncontrolled then this could be a real problem as the cylinder is un-vented. Please get it looked at, asap. (don't wait on EON).

why not make a new post 'plumber required' stating where your job is and members will contact you directly.

similarly, if any member wishes to act on their own and give advice, please use private messaging with the o.p as the forum cannot be held responsible for incorrect/liable advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Unfortunately the fitting of a new Venturi did...
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
I’m guessing the installer didn’t have a...
Replies
Views
I feel for you, it's a bad position to be in...
Replies
Views
I’m not familiar with boiler mate’s but sounds...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back