boiler not firing on hot water.....dodgy time clock help | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss boiler not firing on hot water.....dodgy time clock help in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bob the plumber

hello, took a look at a friends boiler last week that wasnt firing on CH, went in thinking diverter valve possibly, however with a 5 minute investigation realised it was just the clock playing up. Got a price from plumbase today for a mechanical clock (glowworm betacom 30he combi) and to my absolute disbelief they told me it would be £72 + vat. You guys will know these things are just cheap plastic things that cant cost more than a fiver to make, i felt sick!

Anyway, if there are any other engineers out there who know where to get a cheaper one from please let me know, and before you mention the digital option, they are available and 10 quid cheaper lol

thanks

bob

and the title is incorrect, it should be 'not working on CH' doh! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back