Boiler not lighting properly | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler not lighting properly in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, and merry Christmas to everyone!

My boiler has stopped working properly and so I have no heating or hot water.

Everything runs but the flame doesn't appear to be powerful enough to heat the water, rather than seeing the normal blue jets, it looks more like a pilot light leaning to one side, as if its not getting enough gas. I have checked my gas hob and that is working fine so doesn't appear to be a supply issue.

I have called out British gas who are coming tomorrow but am concerned as I have all the family round for dinner so can anyone tell me if they think it will be a quick simple job or not?

It is an ideal classic ff230, I have attached a picture of the flame!

Thanks.
e48fad54767a30204d6fa697401eceb6.jpg

Sorry but no and good luck getting bg out on crimbo day

Does the port valve move / the pump come onwhen you select either heating or hot water?

Last edited:
They are coming out between 8 and 1.

The pump and fan both run normally, not sure about the valve, how would I check, its a y-plan setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

D
Cadet will cap the gas due to the smell of gas...
Replies
Views
your boiler needs a gas reg engineer to come...
Replies
Views
Unfortunately the fitting of a new Venturi did...
Replies
Views
200mm apart ffs not good if not a very good...
Replies
Views
T
I know you must be frustrated, but as gmartine...
Replies
Views
Back