Boiler not lighting up on one channel | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler not lighting up on one channel in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

ian29gte

Bit of an odd one this, and I'm completely mystified!

I have four circuits, one for each of the three floors heating, and one for the hot water. The ground floor heating circuit thermostat clicks on and off, and the 3-way valve opens up when it does, but the boiler won't light. Everything works OK one all the other channels, though.

The timer is an old one, a Sangamo Quartzmaster, from 1988.

I don't have a wiring diagram for the system, and I wonder whether the programmer channel could be faulty, even though it shows a light on for that channel.

Any help appreciated!

If there is movement of the zone valve it is likely to be the end (micro) switch which is not making as this is used to signal the boiler to fire.

As above, if zone valve opens programme is calling for heat and valve energized. Manually opening the valve against the spring a few times may loosen the mechanism and allow contact with micro switch.

As above, if zone valve opens programme is calling for heat and valve energized. Manually opening the valve against the spring a few times may loosen the mechanism and allow contact with micro switch.
Do it hard & fast,

& the same with the valve as the paddle should then hit the micro-switch.:wink:

Had a good look, the tab was not contacting the microswitch. On pressing the switch, the boiler fired up fine. Gearbox felt good, so as I had a spare synchron motor, I fitted that.

All works a treat now, maybe the old motor wasn't rotating far enough?

Anyway, many thanks chaps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

The two components that electrically turn on...
Replies
Views
Is your boiler the 'Ideal Logic Heat 12' (i.e...
Replies
Views
I started a long winded response but deleted...
Replies
Views
"While zone 2 is running if I turn up the...
Replies
Views
Just happened to be rummaging around on the...
Replies
Views
Back