Boiler off, thermo valve off yet radiator still baking????? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler off, thermo valve off yet radiator still baking????? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DebbieF

Hi there I have a combi boiler and when the boiler isn't on and the thermostatic valve on the lounge radiator is off the radiator is still pumping out heat....does anyone have any ideas why this would be?

One thought that i had was that the radiator in question was the original heat dumping radiator and even though it has been replaced with one with a thermo valve (the people who we bought the house from did a lot of the work themselves...badly!) it still functions as the heat dumping radiator would i be correct in thinking this?

I bet you its an ISAR :) Actually it could be a cupl out there :lol:

Hi Debbief and :welcome: to the forum.

What make and model boiler do you have fitted? It sounds like a valve is stuck 1st thoughts :)

Last edited by a moderator:
when you say the trv is off do you mean the head has been taken off or the valve is closed? if the head is off, then the valve is fully open. if its closed and still passing then its bust

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I have a flexicom.cx that hasn’t been...
Replies
Views
Oliver1234
O
J
What is the make of the boiler?
Replies
Views
No. It is possible the pressure relief is the...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, I have a combi-boiler system and while I...
Replies
Views
Allan 1234
A
Back