Boiler ok for HW but pilot goes out when CH comes on | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler ok for HW but pilot goes out when CH comes on in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rustywhiskers

hi our dinosaur boiler which when it works is great is having a senior moment! (1975 Thorn)

the HW has been on for an hour twice a day all summer - switched the heating on this week & it worked..... but at some point during the 5 hours its on for in the evening the pilot light went out. So no heating or HW the next morning.

re-lit it - same thing again.

have had one instance of it staying lit all night & providing HW & CH next morning & then going out again.

Any ideas why each time the heating comes on the pilot light goes out about an hour in to the cycle?

Any help appreciated

RW :)

Have you had it serviced recently

What was he last part changed

I think you may need an engineer to attend. Be sure to tell them you have issues with the pilot so they bring a part that is usually the issue with
Them

Don't worry, it's a very cheap part

thanks - as its soooo basic a boiler there is nothing to service on it apart from twice yearly clean out - have replaced the thermo coupling a few times over the years & my husband is currently doing that again now so fingers crossed that's all it is - seems unlikely tho as it works for the hw & cuts out for the heating :(

might be speaking too soon but changed the thermocoupling & all is hot hot hot......:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Unfortunately the fitting of a new Venturi did...
Replies
Views
I don’t know your boiler but would expect it...
Replies
Views
P
Yes I guess this is off / low temp ?
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
S
Thanks for the reply, I'll have a look at Baxi...
Replies
Views
Back