Boiler pressure and radiator bleeding | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler pressure and radiator bleeding in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wonneil

Hi All,

I am new to this forum as looking for a bit of general advice...

I have got a Glow Worm boiler which had a F9 (pressure) warning message when the boiler was displaying 1.5 bar, I think I found the problem which was an upstairs towel radiator that needed bleeding. It took me about 20 minutes to bleed the water out of the radiator and afterwards the boiler dropped to 0.6 bar, so using the silver braided hose pipe (not sure of the name) I then topped the boiler up to 1.2 bar and now it seems to be working again.

After going back upstairs and double checking the radiator, it now has air in it, so my question is do I need to repeat the process (bleed radiator and then top up pressure) until the radiator has no more air in it or is it ok to leave as is? I am not sure if the radiator needs air to keep the pressure at 1.2 bar?

Also a related question is do you all recommend that I get my boiler serviced on a regular basis or just keep checking the pressure myself every few months?

Thanks

Neil

you will need to get someone to look at your system, something is wrong with it it shouldnt have that much air in the system.

and yes you should get your boiler serviced every 12 months there is more to it than water pressure issues.

Ok thank you, I will give someone a call today and book a service, I have heard it sometimes causes problems to get boilers serviced if they don't need them so thought I would actually ask the people that know!

Thanks again Mr Quigley :)

remember to tell the guy your calling its a repair, nothing worse than turning upto a job you booked half an hour for and spend the day there.

Instead of just looking in the Yellow Pages for a random Heating Engineer, post your location here and someone should local should get back to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

You might have a EV (expansion vessel)...
Replies
Views
the pressure of my boiler looks unstable...
Replies
Views
Pin hole leak on suction side of pump.
Replies
Views
J
Doesn’t matter aslong as it’s not running /...
Replies
Views
I once had a similar experience with my old...
Replies
Views
Back