Boiler pressure help | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler pressure help in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Hello,

My boiler is a potterton pro max Combi boiler

The boiler pressure starts at 1 - 1.5 when the heating is not on. When the heating is switch on the pressure will drop to to 0.5 - 1 and slowly climb until it reaches just outside the 1 on the gauge.

Can anyone point me in the direction of what could cause the pressure to drop with the heating on as I would of expected it to rise.

It's probably worth mentioning that I've lost probably 0.2 bar of pressure over a 2 month period.

You will require a gas safe engineer to come out and take a look at your boiler it sounds like a couple of parts of it may need looking at and potentially setting correctly

Thank you for the quick response

I will organise a visit by a gas safe engineer.

To make sure I am getting the correct service from them, are there any certain parts or clues from what I've memtioned that i should make sure he is looking into correctly?

Regards

I believe the pressure guage goes in on the negative side of the pump which is why your pressure drops when you turn the heating on. So I think it's fairly normal.

You may have a slight leak somewhere on your system/ boiler but trying to find .2 bar over 2 months will be like finding a needle in a haystack.

Strangely I have 2 thermostats on different floors of the house which can switch on the heating independently of each other

The situation I just described is using only the bottom floor central heating. If I switch on both sets of heating the pressure will increase to the same as when the heating is off (1-1.5)

I'll keep an eye on the decrease on the gauge and mention it to the engineer

If your concerned about a pressure problem it should be fairly easy to check the main bits for a competent engineer will give you peace of mind.

Similar plumbing topics

Reply was much appreciated, thank you.
Replies
Views
Apologies for not attaching photos but many...
Replies
Views
the pressure of my boiler looks unstable...
Replies
Views
That means you have a leak as the system...
Replies
Views
Np Simon. Hoping to get the boiler engineer...
Replies
Views
Back