Boiler pressure help | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler pressure help in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tometoyou

Hi all,

i am am looking for help on how to solve my boiler issue, it is a dreaded ferolli and it is flashing f37 which I believe is a pressure issue.

normally this would be quite easy to solve but I can't seem to increase the pressure, I will attach a photo to show you the set up.

this is our first house and will know for future not to buy a house with a ferolli boiler haha

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 36
open these two valve (flat head screw driver) open one full and slowly open the other one until you hit around 1-1.2 bar on the gauge and then turn both off take your time

image.jpg

Last edited:
They are generally all the same so if its normally quite easy to solve, how have you done it before?

On the valves at each end of the braided flexible tube there is (or should be) an isolation valve operated via a screwdriver slot.

When off (normal operation), both screwdriver slots should be at right angles to ("across") the vertical pipes.

To add water, turn the right hand isolation valve screwdriver slot vertical, that is, parallel with the pipe. Then do the same for the left hand valve. You should hear water going into the boiler, and the pressure on the pressure gauge should rise. When the gauge reaches its normal position (usually about 1.2 bar), turn off the isolation valves again. The water regulation call for the braided hose to be disconnected once the valves are off, but it rarely is.

Incidentally, you might want to check why the left hand red handled valve is partly closed. They are normally left fully open.

Ferroli boilers may not be the greatest, but if properly installed and maintained, they should last pretty much as well as any modern boiler.

Great thanks ShaunCorbs, I only opened the 1 that's why it wasn't working lol. Appreciate you coming back to me so quickly

Great thanks ShaunCorbs, I only opened the 1 that's why it wasn't working lol. Appreciate you coming back to me so quickly

no problem dont forget to close both tho :)

Thanks all, I have also closed the red valve completely so that it is pointing vertical, at least I assume that way is closed rather than horizontal?

Thanks all, I have also closed the red valve completely so that it is pointing vertical, at least I assume that way is closed rather than horizontal?

the red tab should be pointing up and down (pointing to boiler) like the main cold (blue lever)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

That means you have a leak as the system...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am trying to increase the pressure in...
Replies
Views
Brilliant! all done & i've marked it so i...
Replies
Views
W
pcb issue so gas safe engy required sorry to say
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
Back