Boiler pressure issue | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler pressure issue in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Hi all looking for some help with my boiler.

The pressure when cold sits around 0.8 to 1 bar but when the heating is on this is rising to near 3 bar on the gauge. I've had the expansion vessel re charged as it was reading 0 bar topped up to 1 bar but when releasing the pump from the valve water was coming out of the valve. Would this indicate that the expansion vessel has failed? The boiler is a viessmann vitodens 050-w

Still getting hot water and radiators but don't want to cause any further issues so keeping heating off.

The valves are on the bottom of the vessels, not a good idea because its where the condensation ends up , theres always some water comes out , but obviously I dont know how much came out . The valve wants removing and all the water drained out and then recharging. There is something else it maybe , but I cant go into this , your engineer should have an idea what to check next

Edit , sorry ignore valve on the bottom , I was thinking 100 . 050’s are on the top.

Last edited:
The valves are on the bottom of the vessels, not a good idea because its where the condensation ends up , theres always some water comes out , but obviously I dont know how much came out . The valve wants removing and all the water drained out and then recharging. There is something else it maybe , but I cant go into this , your engineer should have an idea what to check next

Engineer came out Friday drained the system topped up the vessel and when I tried the heating the same thing happened so hoping that replacing the expansion vessel sorts it. The boiler is just over 5yr old

Similar plumbing topics

That means you have a leak as the system...
Replies
Views
You might have a EV (expansion vessel)...
Replies
Views
the pressure of my boiler looks unstable...
Replies
Views
If its going to anti cycle then its not the...
Replies
Views
Personally I would remove the tmv valve and go...
Replies
Views
Back