Boiler pressure keeps dropping | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler pressure keeps dropping in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Hi Guys

I have a combi boiler. I havent used it for over a year.

However when I came back to the property I had to pour boiling water over the condensor pipe outside as it was frozen as I was unable to get the rads on. Which worked.

So it heats up etc, no issues whatso ever. ( I am not using the rads now, only the hot water) However every day I have to keep topping up the pressure, as it drops completely.

I ccant see any visible leaks anywhere in the house.

I have also bled all the air from all rads from bottom to top of the property.

Any ideas as to what this can be ?

Hi…
Defo, in agreement with Chis! First thing to check is the external discharge pipe for any signs of dripping. Best time to check/test is after you’ve re-pressurised the combi up to around 1.5 bar when the boilers cold. Wait until it’s been running for a while & has warmed up a bit. Generally that’s when you will notice the discharge pipe dripping. You may even see signs of water on the wall or ground around the discharge pipe without having to do the test. This would indicate an issue on the expansion side of the boiler. If there are signs of water then you will need a gas safe engineer to make the repair.

Similar plumbing topics

You might have a EV (expansion vessel)...
Replies
Views
there's a leak somewhere in your pipes that...
Replies
Views
Ok great...really hoping it wasn't a leak.
Replies
Views
M
Isolate and drain boiler. Pump up expansion...
Replies
Views
That means you have a leak as the system...
Replies
Views
Back