Boiler pressure normal or not | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler pressure normal or not in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Hi everyone.
I have recently installed a new gloworm energy 35 kwh combi boiler. The heating and hot water is functioning fine. In the first 4-5 days , the pressure was dropping from 1 bar to 0.5 bar requiring me to top up the pressure. Its now been over a week and Ive noticed the pressure drop is less. It may drop from 1 bar to 0.9 bar in 2-3 days.

Is this normal? I contacted the vaillant helpline who told me top up of pressure should only be required 2 times a year.

Is this normal or abnormal?

Thanks

If the pre charge pressure is also 1.0 bar or more then the filling pressure of 1 bar will result in a relatively big pressure drop with virtually no water loss. Would suggest increasing the filling pressure to 1.3 bar with a cold system and monitor it (cold) for the next few days or so,
[automerge]1601290046[/automerge]
I think that the pre charge pressure for your boiler is 0.75 bar and if it has been checked before installation then you are losing ~ 0.5 litres each time the pressure falls from 1.0 bar to 0.9 bar so if this continues you definitely have a leak somewhere, also when system heats up just ensure that the pressure isn't > 2.5/2.8 bar.

Last edited:
Check for obvious leaks (exposed pipework/magnetic filter/rad valves). Monitor it for a little while longer. Could just be air coming out of the system through the boiler air vent.

Similar plumbing topics

the pressure of my boiler looks unstable...
Replies
Views
That means you have a leak as the system...
Replies
Views
Np Simon. Hoping to get the boiler engineer...
Replies
Views
If its going to anti cycle then its not the...
Replies
Views
I once had a similar experience with my old...
Replies
Views
Back