Boiler pressure on EcoTec keeps rising | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler pressure on EcoTec keeps rising in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Hi All, I have a problem with my 10 year old EcoTec boiler. The pressure keeps rising to over 3 bar every few days. To get it running again I am releasing about a cupful of water from a radiator to get it below 3 bar. The filling loop is disconnected and I’ve noticed water from the pressure relief valve. Where is the water coming from? Any ideas please.

EcoTec plus 624 as part of a sealed system with large hw cylinder.
Could be a hole in the coil. If the water pressure (I'm presuming unvented mains fed cylinder) is higher than the heating system, it will rise to equalize.

A Plumber will be able to diagnose whether that is it or not. If it is, you will need a new cylinder. Don't get one too big, there's no point.

I’m only releasing a little water to get it below 3 bar, probably should get it down to 1.5. To answer your question it will stay above 3 (3.4 is the highest I’ve seen) until I release the pressure, boiler automatically cuts out when too high. I first noticed this when the hot water went cold, the boiler had a fault code (can’t remember the code) and the pressure was high, resetting and releasing pressure got it going again. The tank is a Stelflow 210L

You might have a EV (expansion vessel) problem, it may have lost or partly lost its precharge pressure, suggest reducing the cold pressure to 1.5bar, it certainly won't take 3 days to rise to 3bar on system reheat if this then is the problem.

Similar plumbing topics

If its going to anti cycle then its not the...
Replies
Views
the pressure of my boiler looks unstable...
Replies
Views
Yep I think that’s got to be the next step. I...
Replies
Views
well, I really cannot see what extra features...
Replies
Views
thank you, good tip, I will try
Replies
Views
Back