Boiler pressure too high - and too low! | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler pressure too high - and too low! in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

R

Rod4444

Hi looking for some advice please.

We have a Viessmann VT100-W (WB1C 30kW) boiler. It's about 8 years old. I am now topping up the pressure about twice a week.

I check the pressure first thing in the morning when the system (and me) is cold. Pressure is around 0.7. I top it up using the loop to around 1.1 to 1.2.

After it has been running for a few hours and is hot the pressure is around 2.8 almost in the red! I have checked the house and there is no sign of a leak.

Any idea what could be the cause and fix. My theory is water is escaping as steam.

We had an extension built 8 years ago and were persuaded by the builder to replace the 30 year old boiler which, apart from the sensor that was replaced every few years, never went wrong.

So this boiler has now gone wrong after eight years, was it serviced regularly? If not I'd say that was a fairly decent reliability record and now it's time to get an engineer in. The symptoms point to a fairly common issue but it is not a DIY fix.

So this boiler has now gone wrong after eight years, was it serviced regularly? If not I'd say that was a fairly decent reliability record and now it's time to get an engineer in. The symptoms point to a fairly common issue but it is not a DIY fix.
Hi engineer is the next step. Its been serviced every summer except for 1 during lockdown. Still be good to know what the problem is.

Similar plumbing topics

What the easiest way to find why my boiler is...
Replies
Views
Np Simon. Hoping to get the boiler engineer...
Replies
Views
That means you have a leak as the system...
Replies
Views
You need a new service engineer not a new...
Replies
Views
C
Charlotte - the noise sounds more like the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back