Boiler pressure too high. | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler pressure too high. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mark G

Morning,

I've got an Alpha HE CB33 combi boiler. The pressure needs topping up occasionally but last night the pressure went up to 3 bar. I bled about a pint out of a radiator and the pressure dropped to about 2.5 bar. The heating was n't on and after about 10 mins the pressure had gone back up to about 2.75 bar.

I tried the heating later on and the pressure went back up to about 3 bar, after switching it off the pressure gauge stayed at 3 bar. This morning it was still the same.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Mark

If the heating is on I would say expansion vessel, heating off could be the filling loop passing or a split in the plate heat exchanger.

I've tried that and it's definitely closed off. I'm wondering if it could be a fault with the actual pressure gauge/needle itself?

Thanks though.

Is your mains water pressure strong? If the loop is turned off fully, either expansion vessel is empty or the DHW plate heat exchanger is faulty causing water creepage through the plate!!

Check to see if your prv is passing when heat on if itis I'd say its your expansion vessel bust

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

the pressure of my boiler looks unstable...
Replies
Views
The filling loop maybe in the old airing...
Replies
Views
If its going to anti cycle then its not the...
Replies
Views
Reply was much appreciated, thank you.
Replies
Views
Apologies for not attaching photos but many...
Replies
Views
Back