Boiler pressure | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler pressure in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Plumbertully

Hello I'm new to this forum stuff so I wonder if somebody could help me?
Im a plumber myself and I'm puzzled by my boiler losing pressure.
I have no leaks, I've had a new pressure vessel, the pressure relief is not letting by.

Any ideas because since the heating is on I'm topping up every 2 to 3 days
as a plumber I know this isn't normal. I just need to bounce some ideas with other plumber out there

What boiler and system have you got? How old are they?

Hi 'Plumbertully' & :welcome: to the forum .... I'd suggest you keep an eye on the pressure gauge when the system is cold and then when its hot if you have a large rise in pressure, towards 3bar, that drops back to low when cold then you have an issue with the component that's designed to reduce the fluctuation.... How familiar are you with sealed heating system make-up and design?

Thank you so much replying back. It's taken me all this time to realise I wasn't logged on . Now I am I'm able to reply.
Im fairly on my game with sealed systems but I have got to a blank regarding what you said. Could you explain further. Many thanks

are you gas safe registered??
you may have a drain off leaking some where or if you have floor boards on the ground floor you may have a bad joint under the floor

more likely its a fairly common problem found on the hex, but this is an open forum so enough said

tom609 I'm not gas safe registered, but there is a reason for that because I don't touch gas!!!
like all good plumbers/ heating engineers we only do what we legally are allowed to do.
right back to something you said I don't have any leaks anywhere!!! And I've checked every joint . I've put on to the system a new pressure vessel. And the pressure relief is not letting by.
Ive even added clothes dye inside the system to see if heating water was mixing into the hot water. Nothing!!!
im wanting to get my gas safe partner to put a new boiler in for me but I'm very reluctant in doing so as its a massive expense incase it's something with the current boiler that can be fixed.
Thank you for getting back to me I really appreciate it.

Thank you lame and dancing plumber. Will look into this one. Sounds common!!

Leaking Worcester common? CO fumes from my fire are getting to me!

leaky wb are fairly common in my work, is it you only hang them then :)

Cos you told them what to look at Mebe ?

smart bum :) i only mentioned a common hex issue, still he wont know where to look for a leak, unless ermi goes and tells him :) as for agreeing with me, nice to be appreciated again, isnt it time we started the xmas panto routine, it will get croppie going eventually :)

Im fairly on my game with sealed systems but I have got to a blank regarding what you said. Could you explain further...

With the greatest respect, i beg to differ, considering you didn't know he was talking about the EV. I don't want you to be a typical cliché and lull yourself into thinking you know enough, when you evidently do not.

Snap same problem as you boiler pressure low when cold but 2.5 to 2.8 bar when hot, down stairs rads take ages to get warm all bled and free from air. Up stars rads boiling hot ! boiler is in loft, hot water 2.0 bar whats going on with this system all worked fine last year. Boiler only 3 years old worcester 24 I greenstar any ideas guys ?.

Snap same problem as you boiler pressure low when cold but 2.5 to 2.8 bar when hot, down stairs rads take ages to get warm all bled and free from air. Up stars rads boiling hot ! boiler is in loft, hot water 2.0 bar whats going on with this system all worked fine last year. Boiler only 3 years old worcester 24 I greenstar any ideas guys ?.

Not something you can fix yourself unfortunately, check if yours is still in warranty though Cava, who installed it?

Local gas fitter cant get hold of him at mo as all the plumbers gas fitters round my way are flat out ! used to be in the trade but that was 10 years ago and things have moved on ! gas safe was corgi in my day.

Local gas fitter cant get hold of him at mo as all the plumbers gas fitters round my way are flat out ! used to be in the trade but that was 10 years ago and things have moved on ! gas safe was corgi in my day.

Busy time of year, you still can not do it yourself else you wouldn't be asking.

Book a RGI in convenient to you.

Simple really

if that is the case why you asking on a forum?

If whats the case why am I asking ? cos its allways good to get a second opinion ! that a problem ?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

You might have a EV (expansion vessel)...
Replies
Views
Ok great...really hoping it wasn't a leak.
Replies
Views
thank you, good tip, I will try
Replies
Views
PH is 7.5. Chloride is 194. The last water...
Replies
Views
Of course, missed that off the first message...
Replies
Views
Back