boiler pressure | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss boiler pressure in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kowalski181

wondered if anyone knew much about the worcester greenstar 30si increasing the pressure on it. we have had a few problems with a new bathroom installed, new towel rail and some of the radiators needed bleeding. hot water when the pressure is below 1 doesnt work properly just goes on and off, but after bleeding radiators it is now slightly above won and hot water working fine
just wondered how one would increase the pressure on our boiler. it comes with a key that you press up into the boiler and when it is locked in you turn the hexagonal thing next to it anticlockwise to increase pressure. however when i have done it it has only increased very slightly and water came out meaning i could not turn it all the way anticlockwise as a lot came out
does the pressure increase heavily straight away or is it a gradual thing for a good few minutes? anyone help
cheers

well i guess it could increase pretty quick depends on how far you open the inlet valve, but as you turn you should hear water passing into the system , i prefer to ease it in slowly lol it shouldnt take minutes just a few seconds

theres something not quite right i had it on for about 5 minutes and think it moved a little, mustnt have the key in the right place to start the pressure when turn the valve when its in place

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

the pressure of my boiler looks unstable...
Replies
Views
You might have a EV (expansion vessel)...
Replies
Views
The filling loop maybe in the old airing...
Replies
Views
That means you have a leak as the system...
Replies
Views
Reply was much appreciated, thank you.
Replies
Views
Back