Boiler price. | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler price. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
I'm hoping someone can help, I don't have a trade account anywhere but I need to get a price for either a Worcester combi or an ideal combi, plus flue.

Where can I get the best price without an account? I know it will still be fairly pricey but if I can save some money it will help.

Its a C1 combi coming out so if anyone can recommend a good replacement that would be good too. Cheers.

Most of the merchants do a boiler pack deal which for walk ins will be the best price available, the only other way is talk to your boss and ask them if he would let you put it through there account either as cash or credit.

Ok thanks I'll get on to it.

Any recommendations on replacing the C1?

You don't. I use them all the time, I'm yet to set up an account. As long as you are in the trade you can buy from them.

Didn`t mean a credit account, Ash said he didn`t have an account. Yes you have to be in the trade.

If Yor gas safe, you can gat a cash account. Just pay as you go.
No haggling, best price to everyone.

Tbh I find Ray (Williams not cheap for boilers) might be the terms I'm on in my local city plumber but can't touch them for about £150

Bit staggering how many companies in that group.

It is and tbh hope they don't hit the fan as a lot and i mean a lot will be gone

Tbh I find Ray (Williams not cheap for boilers) might be the terms I'm on in my local city plumber but can't touch them for about £150

Are you saying they are £150 cheaper on a Logic + than Williams

Set up cash accounts everywhere, or try where you use for your company as they know your trade so more likely to get a better price.

Hi All

Just for clarity, you don't have to have a credit account to trade with us (Williams & Co / Tradeonlyplumbing) but you do have to prove that you are trade, as we don't serve the public.

If you go into a bricks and mortar branch, there are lots of ways of establishing your trade status. A sign-written van is a bit of a giveaway, but generally speaking it takes one of our guys about 15 seconds to tell a genuine tradesman apart from a DIY chancer.

On our website at Trade Only Plumbing & Heating Supplies the prices are hidden until you register and we have activated your registration. If you are gas-safe registered, and have allowed GasSafe to share your details, we can do that automatically, as our website has a link into their database to verify your identity. However, if you are not gas-safe registered, or have high privacy settings on your gas-safe registration, you may have to wait until the next business day so we can check you out. You can also choose to open a credit account for use on the website if you like, but it is not mandatory.

We understand that all this is a bit of a ***, but our view is that its worth a bit effort to keep trade prices away from the general public. I appreciate that not all of our competitors feel the same way, but that's their choice and their business model.

On the subject of pricing, we can't always be cheapest on everything, but I would be surprised if we were beaten by much on over-the-counter prices* on our core ranges of Worcester, Vaillant, Glowworm, Main, Ideal Logic+, Independent and Vogue, Baxi 200 or 400 series, Intergas or Heatline.

I would not be surprised to find that we were expensive on any other makes, or other models in the Baxi and Ideal ranges, not mentioned above. Our trading style is to make large commitments to a limited number of manufacturers on the ranges that they want to put through independent merchants. Since we are an independent, employee-owned business, we have limited resources and must concentrate them to best effect, so our prices on other manufacturers products are not likely to be so competitive.

If anyone from the plumbers arms section of the forum wants access to the website, just register online and if you can't automatically get validated via your gas-safe number, PM me, including the email address that you used to register, and I will activate the account. We accept membership of the UKPF Plumbers Arms as automatic proof of trade status.

*Where manufacturers contract support comes into play, pricing can get very erratic, particularly when the system is being abused.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know mate as don't fit ideals

I used to use City Plumbing and they were always a bit cheaper than Williams on Worcester boilers, but not £150 cheaper that's for sure. I found the unreliable delivery times from city plumbing cancelled out the cost saving. Williams offer a much better service and if that means paying little extra then its worth it to me.

Just registered.

Hi Ash

I can only see one registration from your part of the world, but it isnt in a name I recognise. If you PM me the email address you used, I can authorise it straight away if that would help?

Ray

I used to use City Plumbing and they were always a bit cheaper than Williams on Worcester boilers, but not £150 cheaper that's for sure. I found the unreliable delivery times from city plumbing cancelled out the cost saving. Williams offer a much better service and if that means paying little extra then its worth it to me.

just done one

(heat only boilers)
24ri £690 with flue and filling loop
ideal 24 + ^^ £642

etc

i say again it might be the terms im on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
If you are thinking about installing pv panels...
Replies
Views
This question has been discussed a couple of...
Replies
Views
External hounsfield heat only. If you really...
Replies
Views
Or elec bills as it would be running...
Replies
Views
Back