Boiler Prices | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Boiler Prices in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

anz

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Just been reviewing what I've been paying for boilers etc.

Surprised to see that publicly available prices online are pretty competitive, some cheaper then Williams.

And since when did Travis Perkins take over half the world, it seems that they own most of the merchants now, that can't be good for competition.

Ray`s gone for a lie down now in a dark room! lol

I bought a boiler of Travis perkins (plumb nation) couple weeks ago 35w logic+ ,flue ,cleaner/inhibitor plus magna clean just under a grand inc VAT.

Surprised to see that publicly available prices online are pretty competitive, some cheaper then Williams.

And since when did Travis Perkins take over half the world, it seems that they own most of the merchants now, that can't be good for competition.

tbh he cant compete with what i can get Worcesters locally nearly 200 cheaper including flues

I have about 5 suppliers on my doorstep and decided to review what i was paying for boilers .Wont use my locals for boilers again to pricey .

Ray`s gone for a lie down now in a dark room! lol

Nah, its impossible for anyone to be cheapest on everything, all of the time. We just need to stay sharp and be there or thereabouts, and make sure we always have some blinders.

We turn down some deals, because we don't have endless cash and shelf space, knowing that a competitor will snap that deal up and then spank us with it.

Fair enough Ray, seemed like a good enough reason to escape the Mrs and have a nice JD in peace.

It was few years ago, when they bought BSS group. They now own City, PTS, Wickes, Toolstation, Plumbnation, FPWholesale and a host of others.

It was investigated by monopolies and mergers, but they passed it because they felt that Plumb Centre, Graham/Jewson and Plumbbase provided adequate competition.

Wait till you find out Capita who run Gassafe are the major share owners in Travis perkins as well as Jewsons, Screwfix, B&q, Bathstore.com to name a few. Welcome to the rabbet hole Alice.

Its all very good buying off the internet for cheaper but when they dont send all the order or it comes damaged its a pita to get it sorted. Even using williams was a pain even though they bent over backwards to help they couldnt possibly get the bit to me that day as i live miles away from there nearest store.

Now i pay around the same for my boiler and flue but a little bit more on fittings just for that peace of mind that if a part is damaged or missing I can either go and get it or I can get plumb center to drop it off to me. They are really good best plumb I have ever deslt with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

LastPlumber's view makes sense. Anyway this...
Replies
Views
Something as simple as turning the power off...
Replies
Views
Thank you for the detailed and considered...
Replies
Views
J
The thermal store has an isolation valve at...
Replies
Views
Back