boiler problem with british gas | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss boiler problem with british gas in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

newbie1

Called to look at a job that is under bg homecare
boiler main 24he in good working order
symptoms heating gets hot when hot tap runs
my theory/diagnosis was divertor valve

British gas young lad been twice and says its the bathroom mixer tap mains back pressure ,now i ran tap in both cold and then off then hot then off then hot and cold then off and heating stayed off
now ime allways willing to learn something new but ime tending to stick with my diagnosis but please feel free to chip in as they are calling bg back a third time and thy paid me for my time so its not a problem

British gas young lad been twice and says its the bathroom mixer tap mains back pressure ,now i ran tap in both cold and then off then hot then off then hot and cold then off and heating stayed off
now ime allways willing to learn something new but ime tending to stick with my diagnosis but please feel free to chip in as they are calling bg back a third time and thy paid me for my time so its not a problem

I dont see the how that could happen as hot / cold same pressure so I would say your right Newbie1

british gas numpty,its a knackered diverter classic symptoms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thank you for the detailed and considered...
Replies
Views
If you run a tap do you get they same problem...
Replies
Views
Call them in the morning and tell them you are...
Replies
Views
Don't think that M.valves will pull in air...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Well this started Wednesday with the engineer...
Replies
Views
Back